Broadcast TFTW in Your Area
Many people do not realize that there are opportunities to put a TV or radio program on-the-air in their area, or if they do, they think it will be too costly or difficult to make the program. Truth For The World can help make it possible for your congregation to put the Gospel message out to thousands in your area through the media of radio and TV. It happens through a combined effort. We make the TV and radio programs and provide them to you free of charge. You take advantage of your local radio and/or TV outlets and put the programs on-the-air.
First, let’s talk TV.
There are hundreds of public-access TV channels in the United States. Lists of these can be found on the Internet. These are channels, often hosted by local cable companies, that allow the public access to make and put on their own TV programs, usually at no charge! The cable companies may do this of their own free will, or the local governments may require them to offer public access channels. Anyone that lives in the area served by that cable company may be allowed to put their own TV program on the public access channel.
Truth For The World can be the supplier of a sound, scriptural TV programs, providing up to one program a week. The person living in the area only needs to follow these simple steps to get their program on:
- Ask us for a free copy of a TFTW TV program, and take it to the local cable company or public access channel provider.
- Tell them you live in the area and want to put a TV program on the public access channel. Give them the copy of the program to review.
- After they review the program, checking that it doesn’t violate any rules, which it should not, they should notify you of a weekly time slot. If not, follow up with them and ask about the status.
- Once you have a weekly day and time, ask the cable company if they would be willing to just have TFTW ship the programs to them on a monthly basis. If they won’t then TFTW can ship the program to you or another volunteer to take it once a month to the channel.
- Start publicizing the program in your area and make sure people know that they can come to the local congregation to learn more.
We usually distribute the programs on DVD for stations to use, but you can let us know if the TV channel wishes to have the programs delivered in a different video format.
Next, let’s talk radio.
One radio program could literally cover an area population of thousands or millions. Truth For The World makes both 15- and 30-minute radio programs and distributes them around the world. TFTW could provide you with one or both of these programs at no charge, and then you could put the program on-the-air on a radio station that covers your area and send the Gospel message out to thousands or millions.
Truth For The World can be the supplier of a sound, scriptural radio program, providing up to one program a week. The person living in the area only needs to follow these simple steps to get their program on:
- Contact several radio stations that you can hear in the area around your church building. Ask them what days and times might be available for both a 15-minute or a 30-minute radio program, and what the prices would be for your church to put these programs on up to once a week. Try a variety of stations, but stations more likely to work with you would be stations with an all-religious format or stations that already air religious programs at certain times, such as Sunday mornings.
- If you find a station that can offer you a time slot that is affordable, think about how to pay for it. Might we suggest that you find a few families in the congregation that could sponsor a week of programming? One station on which we air only charges $27 per week for a 15-minute radio program. A family of four could skip going out to eat once a month to sponsor a weekly radio program at this rate, and instead send the Gospel message out to a potential audience of thousands or more.
- Contact Truth For The World and let us know which station will air our program, what their contact information is, whether we should send them a 15-minute program, a 30-minute program, or both, and how often will it air in a month.
- Start advertising the program(s) in your area and let people know that they can learn more by visiting your congregation.
We usually distribute the programs on CD for stations to use, but you can let us know if the radio station wishes to have the programs in a different format, or you can let us know their contact information and we can try to work out a delivery method.
So what are you waiting for?
As you can see, radio and TV are both cost-effective ways of spreading the good message of Jesus. We encourage you to take advantage of them, and we are more than happy to provide the programs we produce, should you begin such a ministry. Please fill out this form if you're interested in using our materials in this way!