What Can You Buy For $75
In case you are already intrigued by the title and description of this blog post, we will delay the answers no longer. Here are some of the things you can buy for $75.
- 1 hamburger at a Charlotte Hornets game - Sure the burger contains 8 pounds of meat made up of 14 burger patties, but let's see one person finish it. Do I hear a call for #AdamRichman?
- A neon clock with the face of a dartboard - For those who want to kill time.
- A pet bed - Sure Fido could sleep on the floor, but you love your little doggy-woggie. So why not give the pooch some padding? You could spend as much as $329, but technically you can buy a pet bed for $75.
- The world's smallest remote-control helicopter - Pretend you're T.C. from Magnum P.I. That is, if T.C. were about the size of an ant.
- An underwater pogo stick - Don't just push your way off the bottom of the pool with your feet. Bounce your way around the bottom of the pool with an underwater pogo stick. You can bounce your way over to the basket weaving class while you're there.
- 1 All -weather Adirondack laptop table - Don't just sit in your outdoor chair. Work in it. Because that's why you went outside anyway, to work on the computer.
- Name a star after someone - Stars don't want to be called weird names like EDX-311R6. They would prefer to have normal names like Fody La Fontaine.
Well the list could go on and on. And while you may be taking note of some these for someone with an upcoming birthday, we at Truth For The World would like to throw out one more idea of what you can buy for $75.
- Teaching souls the Gospel of Christ
We are looking for 1,000 people to pledge each year to sacrifice 1 hamburger at a Charlotte Hornets game, or 1 neon clock with the face of a dartboard in order to help spread the truth of the Bible around the world. It's not much, really. Just $75 per year. If that's too much to do at one time, then break it up to $6.25 per month. Then you can just skip two gourmet coffees in the drive-thru and help save someone's soul in the world.
If we can raise an extra annual income of $75,000 we can not only continue the work we are doing but expand. We figure most people don't have $75,000 lying around, but they do have $75 once-per-year. Just sacrificing one or two meals per-year for the family at the local pizza joint would do it. Just skipping the gourmet coffee twice-a-month would do it. Just pushing off from the bottom of the pool yourself and sacrificing the underwater pogo stick would do it.
It's not hard. Global evangelism is already being done. We are already taking the truth of the Bible around the world every week. We just need you to sacrifice your small part so that you can join us.
So the next time you're browsing that catalog in the airplane seat or you see an ad on the Internet for something for around $75, or maybe you are just thinking about what to buy someone for a gift, remember that global evangelism is on the list of possibilities. It's right there next to naming a star after someone. And if you just happen to decide to use the $75 to continue global evangelism, we'll even put that person's name in our Honors/Memorials section of our next newsletter if you want. Then you both can go outside at night, look up at the sky, and think to yourselves, "I could have had that Electric Cream Cheese slicer, but instead, someone out there in this great big world is learning what they need to hear to be saved."
If you are a member of the Church of Christ, then join us, won't you? www.truthfortheworld.org/75for7